Spoken is hiring: Contract Software Engineer
Do you believe that technology is the key to keeping customers happy? Do you enjoy a challenge and love juggling multiple tasks and priorities? Spoken Communications wants you to become an expert on everything Spoken.
Position: Contract Software Engineer
Posted: December 16, 2010
We are a fast-paced technology startup in the speech recognition and customer service automation fields. We aim to increase efficiency and decrease the cost of customer service for our clients’ contact centers with a unique hybrid solution: patented speech recognition technology complemented by human intervention. We are looking for an smart, customer-minded Software Engineer who gets a kick from owning projects end to end, engaging in customer interactions, drilling down specifications, tracking development and diving into Q&A. Position is in-house in Bellevue, WA.
- Develop, improve and sustain Spoken’s core IVR platform
- Explore new features and technologies with the goal of reducing overall contact center operations cost while improving clients’ ability to manage, understand, categorize and act upon their customer communications
- Develop a deep understanding of Spoken’s clients’ needs and invent, design and develop software to address these needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; loves debugging and figuring out tough (or plain annoying) problems
- Must thrive on challenges and enjoy a dynamic environment with frequent changes in priorities and tasks
- Must be flexible and easily deal with ambiguity
- Some experience with some or all of the following: MySQL, Linux, Flash and scripting languages,
- BS and/or MS in Mathematics, Computer Science or core science field
- Experience with telephony, CTI, and IVR a plus
- Good communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to work closely clients of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 500
- Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
- Local candidates only, no relocation (Greater Seattle Area).
- No third party applications.