Top 5 Customer Service Links: Customer Service Trends
Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy the five best customer service posts from the last week. On me. 🙂 This week, it’s the bird’s eye view: customer service trends.
- Customer Service guru and Forrester researcher extraordinaire, Bruce Temkin, wrote up a great analysis of the State of Customer Experience, 2010 report, highlighting a few interesting tidbits: 90% of respondents think that customer experience is very important or critical to their 2010 strategy, while 80% want to use customer experience as a form of differentiation.
- Why Customer Service Jobs Will Grow and Grow: with customer service as the third fastest-growing position, Forbes’ Andrea Ayers reports that the number of customer service professionals is estimated to grow 20% by 2018
- A new study from Watermark Consulting concludes that companies that deliver great customer experiences are rewarded — by consumers and investors alike
- Broadband Breakfast exposed just how much cable companies are losing by consistently providing bad customer service
- Finally, our favorite customer service guy, Kevin Stirtz, published his recommended reading list of the top 10 books on customer service--all must-reads!