Top 5 Customer Service Links for 10-22-09
Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy the five best customer service posts from the last week. On me. 🙂
- When you can’t say yes, there is opportunity for success: Parature blog provided this tip sheet for what to do when the customer isn’t right. Or, rather, even if the customer is right, but you can’t really give her what she wants. As a corollary to this, Grammar Girl shares tips in episode 191 on how to write a complaint letter in order to give the customer service rep room to negotiate and help you for a win-win conflict resolution.
- Fees are penalties, always: in this well-informed post, Jackie Huba shows that airline bag fees aren’t all they’re cracked up to be in terms of revenue-builders. In fact, her post was so informative that it inspired my own rant (er… “post”) on the cost of alienating customers!
- Duct Tape Marketing, the blog of all things buzz sans the fluff, offers advice on 5 ways to get your customers talking about you and your product.
- Jason Falls gives a quick tip guaranteeing 100% social media success with your customers (and it applies to non-social media customer service, too)
- And let’s not forget those working on the front line: It takes EQ, not just IQ, to work in a call center. Let’s face it; the call center is an emotional place, so you should consider hiring those with a high emotional intelligence to handle those dissatisfied customers.